The Devco indirect heater utilizes a proven concept that has been the industry standard since the 1930’s. An intermediate bath media (e.g. water, eutectic salt, hot oil) is employed to immerse and separate the process coil from the firebox. The heat is transferred from the firebox to the bath media which in turn transfers it to the process coil. The process coil is totally isolated from any direct flame and/or combustion product contact associated with conventional direct fired heaters. Devco’s indirect heaters range from 0.1 to 25 MMBtu/Hr.
The isolated firebox (combustion chamber) and process coil eliminates flame impingement. The low intermediate bath media temperature is controlled to prevent process fluid thermodegradation and scaling.
Options are available to provide your indirect heater with state-of-the-art low emission combustion systems to meet today’s environmentally friendly requirements.
- Light weight ceramic fiber or fiberglass insulation means less shipping and loading weight.
- Resistance to mechanical and thermal shock.
MULTI – FUEL CAPABILITY
- Gaseous Fuel
- Liquid Fuel ( Distillate to # 2 oil )
- Combination gas & oil
- Low BTU Fuel supplemented with fuel blending
- The standard natural draft burner system has a 3:1 turndown ratio.
- Optional automated forced draft burner systems are available to increase the turndown ratio.
- Basic indirect heaters are designed with 70-80 % net thermal efficiency (NTE).
- Options to increase the NTE to 90 % are available.
- Low onsite installation cost. The indirect heater comes completely assembled with burner, fuel train and BMS .
- Reassembly at site involves only nuts, bolts, and gaskets. NO onsite welding or special tools are required.
The basic indirect heater includes our standard PLC burner management system ( BMS ). Options are available to provide a customized state-of-the-art BMS to meet any specification (e.g. IRI , NFPA, BASEEFA, and ATEX) and your specific information technology requirements.